BARCELONA | 12 – 14 JULY 2023
Building Equity and Sustainable Futures
The different sociological traditions have generated knowledge that has contributed to the construction of a more equitable social reality, in intergenerational and gender relations, which demands nowadays working for a more sustainable future from a perspective of adaptation and socio-environmental resilience. This congress links the active construction of equity (based on understanding social inequalities and their dynamics) to respect for biodiversity and social and cultural diversity. It also links it to developing theories, research and social practices, which promote the creation of more sustainable and healthier futures, that would generate more room for freedom, individual happiness, collective well-being and democracy. In a context where the growing accumulation of emergencies is predictable, it is vital to create spaces for reflection and scientific knowledge to use our sociological knowledge and tools to respond to emergencies and anticipate them in a consistent manner with building the best alternatives for the future.
POSITIONING OF THE ACS ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND AGGRESSION PRACTICES AT ACS CONGRESSES
POSITIONING OF THE CATALAN ASSOCIATION OF SOCIOLOGY (ACS) ON HARASSMENT AND AGGRESSION PRACTICES AT ACS CONGRESSES
The Committee on Violence 0 of the ACS, in its position regarding harassment, attacks and aggressions and collected from their statuses, has prepared a document:
1. The ACS expresses its absolute rejection and condemnation of any act of aggression and harassment that has been carried out and could be carried out against persons or groups of persons linked to the ACS.
2. Through the ACS, violence, in any of its forms, has to be eradicated from society and, specifically, from the academic and scientific sphere, since violence and excellence are incompatible terms.
3. The ACS declares that its members and participants in its congresses are positioned against sexual harassment, re-victimization, and yelling violence.
4. In this sense, the ACS -in harmony with the international scientific organizations and with the international scientific community-, will combat any situation of harassment, aggression and attack that could occur in the ACS Congresses and in relation to their celebration, and is committed to an active defense of the victims.
5. According to the explained, from the ACS it is understood that combating harassment and the active defense of the victims necessarily implies a clear position collectively and individually. That is why any person who, having evidence of the existence of situations of harassment or other forms of violence against the ACS, does not inform the Violence 0 Commission, using the channels enabled and communicated for which, they will be expelled from the Congress of the ACS provided that it was verified that it was aware of the aforementioned situation.
6. Along the same lines and also in pursuit of this seamless position against harassment, those who echo defamation and harassment that could be carried out by any means -oral or written, physically or electronically- will be expelled from the ACS. special mention in social networks.
7. Finally, the ACS congratulates itself for being a scientific association that links science and ethics and requests the collaboration of all the people participating in the ACS so that together we can make a better, safer and fairer society.
All messages received will be read and treated with the strictest confidentiality, thus guaranteeing the privacy and security of the information provided by the senders.
IMPORTANT DATES AND REGISTRATION
|Until 30 June||From 1 July|
|Members (ACS, CI03 FES Family, COLPIS)||80€||130€|
SPONSORS AND COLLABORATORS